PHOTO TAKEN FROM LITTLE ROUND TOP MUSEUM

$95.00

Quantity Available: 1

Item Code: P13174

Shipping: Determined by Method & Location of buyer

To Order:
Call 717-334-0347,
Fax 717-334-5016, or E-mail

Photo measures 7 ½” x 10” and features a view of Little Round Top taken from outside, near the sign of the Round Top Restaurant.

The Round Top Museum was a Gettysburg Battlefield visitor attraction established by John H. Rosensteel in 1888 on the north foot of Little Round Top, near the Round Top Station and northeast of the Wheatfield Road and Grand Central Avenue (now Sedgwick Avenue) intersection. The museum of Battle of Gettysburg artifacts was in Rosensteel's 1884 frame home and served as the "Round Top Inn" restaurant/small hotel. On the east side of the residence, construction began in March 1902 for a "dancing pavilion" lit with acetelyne lamps that opened on May 25, 1902. A 1906 hop was held at the "Little Round Top Hotel. The "Round Top dance pavilion" was the site of a 1918 fire and a 1925 stabbing, and picnics at Rosensteel Park were held as late as 1957.

The Round Top Museum and the 1921 Rosensteel electric map museum on Cemetery Ridge were owned by the Gettysburg National Museum Corporation until 1964, and the Round Top Museum became part of the Gettysburg National Military Park in 1971 which used the building as an environmental resource center until it was demolished c. 1982. Part of the museum's collection is in the GNMP's set of 43,000 American Civil War artifacts displayed in the 2008 Gettysburg Museum and Visitor Center.  [sm]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS ITEM, AS WITH ALL OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE,

MAY BE PURCHASED THROUGH OUR LAYAWAY PROGRAM.

FOR OUR POLICIES AND TERMS,

CLICK ON ‘CONTACT US’ AT THE TOP OF ANY PAGE ON THE SITE,

THEN ON ‘LAYAWAY POLICY’.

Inquire »

Inquire About PHOTO TAKEN FROM LITTLE ROUND TOP MUSEUM

should be empty

featured item

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS USED MODEL 1850 STAFF AND FIELD OFFICER’S SWORD BY AMES MFG. CO., CHICOPEE, MASS.

In 1859 the US Marine Corps regulations changed. The prized Mamaluke style sword was replaced with the same regulation sword used by the Army. This would later be reversed and today the Marines still carry the Mamaluke sword. It is exceedingly rare… (870-52). Learn More »

Upcoming Events

23
Jul

Coming up Oct. 3 - 7: N-SSA Fall Nationals, Fort Shenandoah, Winchester, VA Learn More »