DUG LEAD SABOT FROM A HOTCHKISS SHELL – JOHNSON/SWOPE COLLECTION, GETTYSBURG

$145.00

Quantity Available: 1

Item Code: 224-398

Shipping: Determined by Method & Location of buyer

To Order:
Call 717-334-0347,
Fax 717-334-5016, or E-mail

Twisted section of sabot measures approx. 5” in width. Previously part of the collection of W.J. “Johnny” Johnson and his wife [maiden name Swope]. Mr. Johnson was a retired naval officer who owned and operated a small souvenir/food gift shop/museum located on Millerstown Road at the intersection of West Confederate Avenue called Longstreet Park. Longstreet Park was located next to the “Eisenhower” Tower. Though they did not sell relics in the gift shop, many of the relics from their collection were on display from circa 1950’s-1970’s and were later sold at auction in 2003.  [ld]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS ITEM, AS WITH ALL OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE,

MAY BE PURCHASED THROUGH OUR LAYAWAY PROGRAM.

FOR OUR POLICIES AND TERMS,

CLICK ON ‘CONTACT US’ AT THE TOP OF ANY PAGE ON THE SITE,

THEN ON ‘LAYAWAY POLICY’.

Inquire »

Inquire About DUG LEAD SABOT FROM A HOTCHKISS SHELL – JOHNSON/SWOPE COLLECTION, GETTYSBURG

should be empty

featured item

CIVIL WAR EAGLE POMMEL PRESENTATION SWORD BY PATIENTS AT MOWER GENERAL HOSPITAL TO DR. J.A.C. HANLY, MARCH 20th, 1863

Mower General Hospital, first known as Chestnut Hill Hospital, was one of the largest U.S. General Hospitals. Planned and built in 1862, it opened in early 1863 and could hold 3600 patients. Covering 27 acres the complex included 47 wards and other… (870-613). Learn More »

Upcoming Events

01
Mar