“STEREO VIEW” OF COLLECTION ROOM IN LINNAEAN HALL, GETTYSBURG COLLEGE

$50.00

Quantity Available: 1

Item Code: 635-412

Shipping: Determined by Method & Location of buyer

To Order:
Call 717-334-0347,
Fax 717-334-5016, or E-mail

Large format stereo view-like mount measures 4 ½” x 7”. Cream color mount has two images mounted similar to a stereo view but they are two different images. In this case views of the east and west side of the lower collection room in Linnaean Hall. Photographs by Tipton.

Images and mount in excellent condition.

Linnaean Hall was built to house the college's scientific collections. It was the second major building to be constructed on campus. Money was raised for the project by student members of the Linnaean Association (founded at Gettysburg in 1844), and student workers helped with the actual construction of the building. Made of brick, Linnaean Hall was, like Pennsylvania Hall, built in the Greek Revival style. It was two and a half stories high, with a second-story main entrance. In its later years, Linnaean Hall became the campus gymnasium. After falling into disrepair, the hall was removed in 1942 in an effort to beautify the campus.  [jet]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS ITEM, AS WITH ALL OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE,

MAY BE PURCHASED THROUGH OUR LAYAWAY PROGRAM.

FOR OUR POLICIES AND TERMS,

CLICK ON ‘CONTACT US’ AT THE TOP OF ANY PAGE ON THE SITE,

THEN ON ‘LAYAWAY POLICY’.

THANK YOU!

Inquire »

Inquire About “STEREO VIEW” OF COLLECTION ROOM IN LINNAEAN HALL, GETTYSBURG COLLEGE

should be empty