PERCUSSION CAPS FROM BLOCKADE RUNNER “MINHO”

$30.00 SOLD

Quantity Available: None

Item Code: 1054-2418

A Plexiglas container full of percussion caps (and a few small shells) recovered from the blockade runner “Minho” which grounded at the mouth of Charleston harbor. The caps all exhibit a dark patina.

The Minho was built in Paisley, Scotland in 1854. Purchased in April of 1862 by Fraiser, Trenholm & Company she made five successful trips through the blockade.  She was then bought by the Navigation Company of Charleston, SC. Her sixth run through the blockade on October 20, 1862 ended in failure when she grounded on Bowman’s Jetty under the guns of Fort Moultrie. Much of the cargo was salvaged shortly thereafter. The ship’s remains were rediscovered in 1987 and these relics were legally recovered in 1987 and 1988.  [jet]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS ITEM, AS WITH ALL OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE,

MAY BE PURCHASED THROUGH OUR LAYAWAY PROGRAM.

FOR OUR POLICIES AND TERMS,

CLICK ON ‘CONTACT US’ AT THE TOP OF ANY PAGE ON THE SITE,

THEN ON ‘LAYAWAY POLICY’.

THANK YOU!

Inquire About PERCUSSION CAPS FROM BLOCKADE RUNNER “MINHO”

should be empty

featured item

RARE WORLD WAR TWO GERMAN DIPLOMATIC CORPS DAGGER WITH PORTEPEE, IN OUTSTANDING CONDITION

This type of dagger was authorized by Adolf Hitler in May of 1938 to commemorate his visit to Rome. The dagger is a little over 15.50 inches long with a stylized eagle’s head pommel and a mother of pearl grip. The cross guard features a national… (1022-38). Learn More »

Upcoming Events

29
Mar