17th PENNSYLVANIA CAVALRY MONUMENT REPLICA BY GARY CASTEEL

$200.00

Quantity Available: 1

Item Code: 224-525

Shipping: Determined by Method & Location of buyer

To Order:
Call 717-334-0347,
Fax 717-334-5016, or E-mail

This resin piece is a copy of the monument located on Buford Avenue. The actual granite monument is just under twelve feet tall. Modeled after the regiment’s Sergeant George W. Ferree, it represents in carved relief a mounted cavalryman standing on picket, carbine in hand. On the reverse is the crossed sabers symbol of the Cavalry Corps. The monument was dedicated on September 11, 1889 by the State of Pennsylvania. It stood in front of the Forney farmhouse, which served as regimental headquarters during the battle. The badly deteriorated farmhouse was demolished in 1938 during the construction of the Eternal Light Peace Memorial.

Under the command of Colonel Josiah H. Kellogg, the 17th Pennsylvania Cavalry held its position here on July 1, 1863, until relieved by troops from the arriving 1st Corps.  The 17th was part of the 2nd Brigade, 1st Division, Cavalry Corps.  Companies D and H were detached to 5th Corps HQ and Company K was detached to 11th Corps HQ.

This replica monument stands approximately 8” tall by 7” across the base. It is complete with all the text and imagery that is found on the original monument. Piece is signed on the bottom by the artist.

These were produced by Gary Casteel who is well known for his talent in producing copies of monuments on the field and his pieces are much sought after.  [ld] [ph:L]

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS ITEM, AS WITH ALL OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE,

MAY BE PURCHASED THROUGH OUR LAYAWAY PROGRAM.

CLICK HERE FOR OUR POLICIES AND TERMS.

THANK YOU!

Inquire »

Inquire About 17th PENNSYLVANIA CAVALRY MONUMENT REPLICA BY GARY CASTEEL

should be empty

featured item

COIN SILVER DESK BOX MARKED “WM. CALDWELL / LAKE GEORGE”

This coin silver captain’s desk box is beautifully engraved on the lid with the name of the ship, the “William Caldwell”, which was built at the northern end of Lake George in Ticonderoga, New York in the spring of 1838. Box has a hinged and… (30-1983). Learn More »

Upcoming Events

02
Dec
Instagram