Hover to zoom
$350.00
Quantity Available: 1
Item Code: 1138-1501
CDV of a house on Morris Island. It was stripped of most boards for other soldierly uses. Image is clear with very good contrast. Mount is clean and remains in fine condition. No photographer's backmark.
Known as the Beacon House because Confederates originally used it as a beacon to guide blockade runners into harbor. After the struggle for Fort Wagner, it was the headquarters of General W.H. Davis of the 104th Pennsylvania and had also been used by General Gillmore as a signal station.
This image was from the collection of the late William A. Turner. [jet] [ph:L]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS ITEM, AS WITH ALL OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE,
MAY BE PURCHASED THROUGH OUR LAYAWAY PROGRAM.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR POLICIES AND TERMS.
THANK YOU!
Historical Firearms Stolen From The National Civil War Museum In Harrisburg, Pa »
Theft From Gravesite Of Gen. John Reynolds »
Selection Of Unframed Prints By Don Troiani »
Fine Condition Brass Infantry Bugle Insignia »
Rare Identified 65Th Ny Sergeant’s Jacket, With Manscript Material: 1St U.s. Chasseurs »
Please click on the photograph above to view a flyer containing information regarding a Model 1860 Henry Rifle and pair of cased presentation Colt Revolvers identified to Secretary of War Simon Cameron which were stolen from the museum on February… . Learn More »