“US” ROSETTE FROM MINERAL SPRINGS ROAD, CHANCELLORSVILLE

$50.00 SOLD

Quantity Available: None

Item Code: 236-704

Offered here is a very nice relic recovered among the trenches along Mineral Springs Road, Battle of Chancellorsville.

This is a “US” bridle rosette. Brass face with just enough lead in the back to hold the attachment wires. Condition and patina is very good.

Mineral Springs Road is located in the woods, northeast of the Chancellor House site. Mineral Springs Road is an extension of Bullock Road where they are bisected by Eley Ford Road heading north. This was General Hooker’s last line of defense prior to the complete withdrawal of the Army of the Potomac, and extensive trenches were prepared throughout the woods.

These relics were recovered in the mid-1970s by author/publisher Dean Thomas.  [jet] [ph:L]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS ITEM, AS WITH ALL OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE,

MAY BE PURCHASED THROUGH OUR LAYAWAY PROGRAM.

CLICK HERE FOR OUR POLICIES AND TERMS.

THANK YOU!

Inquire About “US” ROSETTE FROM MINERAL SPRINGS ROAD, CHANCELLORSVILLE

For inquiries, please email us at [email protected]

featured item

DAGUERROTYPE IN UNIFORM OF LEWIS HENRY LITTLE, BREVET FOR GALLANT AND MERITORIOUS CONDUCT AT MONTEREY 1846; KILLED IN ACTION AS CONFEDERATE BRIGADIER GENERAL AND DIVISION COMMANDER AT IUKA 1862

This very clear sixth-plate daguerreotype dates about 1850 and shows Lewis Henry Little, usually referred to by his middle name, as a Captain in the 7th U.S. Infantry. Born in Maryland in 1817, he was appointed 2nd Lieutenant in the 5th US Infantry… (1138-1808). Learn More »

Upcoming Events

18
Jun

June 29-30: 51st Annual Gettysburg Civil War Relic Show Learn More »

Instagram